LAOS ADVENTURE SCHOOL TOUR
Our Laos school tours allow students to discover an authentic side of Asia; a diverse and unique country that has remained largely unaffected by the development of Western culture. Traditions that have disappeared throughout Asia are still alive in Laos, and students will have the opportunity to explore all aspects of the country from the cultural centre of Luang Prabang, to the bustling markets of its capital Vientiane, as well as outdoor adventure that takes full advantage of its pristine environment.
Our student tour in Laos combines cultural immersion, vivid nature, and community service projects that will help students make the connection between Laos' complex past, developing present, and hopeful future. Students will have a better understanding of it's distinct culture, and the chance to take part in wildlife conservation projects.
Your school can incorporate a wide range of projects into this suggested itinerary to suit your trip's outcome. See our Project Types.
This is a suggested itinerary only and can be changed to suit each individual school group. We can specifically tailor each itinerary to ensure that we meet your schools learning objectives and requirements. Whether your students are travelling for a specific topic or looking for something with the cross-curricula value we can meet all of your requirements.
Trip code : LSC391
Duration : 11 days
Destination : Laos
Travel Dates : As required
- Learn about the Laotian history, culture and traditions
- Take part in a community project
- Learn about different highland minorities
- Engage in studies of society and environment
- Participate in team building exercise, group-trekking, and kayaking
- Enhance perspectives, develop appreciation for diversity and differences
- Develop communication skills within peers and in a foreign environment
- Discover a world more beautiful, diverse and colorful than any textbook could ever portray
- Develop skills for students through a meaningful overseas experience
- Visit Luang Prabang a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Cycle through unspoiled countryside and sample local delicacies
- Hike through the jungle and swim in pristine waterfalls
- Sample local buffalo ice-cream and learn how to milk a buffalo
- Support local communities and contribute to a local school / orphanage
- Get up close and personal with Elephants at the Elephant Centre
- Support the conservation efforts of the Free the Bears protection program for sun and moon bears
- Participate in local community project
- Kayaking and tubing in Nam Song
On arrival at Luang Prabang airport, students and teachers will be welcomed by our local guide and transferred to the hotel for check in and briefing about your Laos program
Then we will head out to explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site, start with a visit to Wat Xieng Thong – “The Monastery of the City” before we make our way to the city’s oldest and prettiest temple Wat Visoun. Our next stop is the National Museum also known as the former Royal Palace. Then continue to Houen Chan Heritage House to learn more about Laos culture. In the evening, we will attend Baci Ceremony at local house and welcome dinner.
Overnight in Luang Prabang. (L,D)
This morning, we will explore the city by bike we will head out to Pak Ou Village from Luang Prabang. After approximately 25 kilometres of cycling in both smooth and rough road, we reach the village of Ban Pak Ou.
After a short rest, we cross the Mekong River to Pak Ou and Thamting Caves, located on the Mekong riverbank. We visit the interesting and mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by devoted pilgrims.
We then embark on a traditional boat downstream the Mekong River with our bicycles. On the way, we stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where you can sample the local produce of Lao rice wine. Our next stop will be Ban Xang Khong, famous for Saa paper-making.
We then return to Luang Prabang, climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for a panorama view of the city and Mekong River.
Evening is free to visit Night Market. Overnight in Luang Prabang Approximately: 2hours cycling/2 hours boating
This morning, we drive to the nearby valley southeast of Luang Prabang.
We arrive at the Long Lao Village where we begin our hiking tour. Before trekking we can explore the life and culture of this village where Khamu and Hmong people live.
Continue trekking into the mountainous Lao countryside of Luang Prabang. Hiking along you will pass orchards, rice fields, and vegetable gardens.
In the afternoon you will arrive at the crystal clear Kuang Si Waterfall. An exciting forest trail leads you to the end of your trek and your reward - the welcoming and refreshing pools of Kuang Si Waterfall where we will have plenty of time to relax and swim.
While in the Kuang Si Waterfall park, you should visit the Kuang Si Bear Rescue Sanctuary. You can find great information about Asian sun and moon bears and the Free the Bears protection program.
Experience the new Lao Buffalo dairy. The diary provides income and a sustainable future for the Lao people involved. Learn how to milk a Buffalo, cuddle a Buffalo for the perfect selfie and try some incredible ice cream. The Buffalo may be the stars of the show but the playful pigs, chickens and cute rabbits are also plenty of fun for the young and young at heart!
We’ll return late afternoon by vehicle. The tour concludes late afternoon in Luang Prabang.
Total trekking distance is 9 km (5.5 mi), approx 3.5 hours of medium difficulty, slippery when wet. The trek is mainly flat. There is a rocky section up and down a small hill approx 20 minutes.
Get up early in the morning, students and teachers will join the local people with their daily Morning Alms Giving. This tradition is unique in Laos and some other countries in Southeast Asia. The offerings are normally sticky rice, flowers, fruits and sometimes money.
Afterwards, we return to the hotel for breakfast.
After breakfast, we transfer to visit Elephant Village Camp for an educational tour:
Option 1: General tour about Elephants 09:00am: We start with a briefing from your tour guide about Elephant Village and elephants in general
Elephant Feeding: Get up close and personal with elephants, you may even get to see some young calves. Visit Elephant Hospital: Meet our elephant doctor and learn about elephant health and checkups
Local surroundings: Learn about the traditions and lifestyle of nearby villages and farms
Visit Museum: Learn more about elephants and their plight for survival Dung Paper: Learn about how elephant dung paper is made
Basic Mahout Training: Learn how to command elephants using the local language
The tour is finished around 11:30 11:30 Lunch: Enjoy a lunch buffet overlooking the Namkhan River
Option 2: Dung Paper making (max 10 pax per day) 09:00am: Welcome greeting by your guide and participate in a short briefing about elephants
Elephant Feeding: Get up close and personal with elephants, you may even get to see some young calves
Tour camp: Visit our elephant museum and elephant hospital to learn more about the plight of elephants in this changing environment
Collect Dung: Walk around the camp to collect elephant dung
Learn About Dung: Learn why elephant dung makes good paper
Paper Dung Making Workshop: Make your own paper using local tools and processes
Make Souvenir: Make a souvenir from dung paper to take home with you
Lunch: Dine at our Elephant Camp restaurant. Buffet lunch served with coffee / tea and drinking water (vegetarian options available)
Afternoon, we transfer by boat to visit Tad Sae Waterfall and have time to relax , have a short hiking or a swim.
Come back Luang Prabang by late afternoon.
This day we head out to a local school/ orphanage for full day community service works. Remark: The project activities as well as name of local school/orphanage will be advised, prior to group arrival.
Below are suggested activities:
- Building a new classroom
- Clean-up & re-paint classrooms
- Upgrade the toilet, repaint the wall
- Produce hygiene information posters/ brochures
- Building a new playground for students
- Teach English to student
- Play football or other games with students
- Give out donations & books
- Hand on painting pictures
After breakfast at hotel, we will take 6-hour driving to Vang Vieng (200 KM). Along the way, we will stop at Phou Pheng Fa – the highest peak in the area. We will be arriving in Vang Vieng at around noon.
In the afternoon, we will explore Tham Jang caves and Blue Lagoon. Free time to swim or attend other activities on your own. Overnight in Vang Vieng
This morning we will transfer around 10km North to the ethnic Khmu village of Viengsamay, after an introduction to the basics of kayaking we shall set off down the beautiful Nam Song river.
We continue traveling downstream to Tham None (Sleeping cave). One of the biggest caves in Vang Vieng, it was used as a rescue shelter for the villagers during the Second Indochina War. Today it is home to a family of bats and the ‘Magic Stone’ of Vang Vieng. During the rainy season we will swim through the entrance to the cave.
The final leg of the journey is a gentle paddle which will return us to Vang Vieng.
Approximately: 15 minutes transfer, 2 hours kayaking, 1h caving
After that, transfer to Vientiane (4 hours driving). We will arrive at Vientiane in the early evening. Transfer to hotel for checking in and overnight
This morning, we will explore Vientiane and outskirts we will visit the oldest temple Wat Sisaket home to thousands of Buddha images from many countries. Continue to Wat Prakeo, the former royal temple of the Lao monarchy and originally built in 1565 and home to the Emerald Buddha image.
We then head to the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa and have a short stop to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph.
After lunch in a restaurant in town, we drive out of the city to visit the Buddha Park where hundreds of man made Buddhist and Hindu sculptures are displayed. Then transfer to visit COPE Centre and learn about their important role in restoring dignity and mobility to war victims
Overnight in Vientiane.
Today we say goodbye to Laos and take flight to Hanoi/Bangkok then connect flight to home.
All of our school tours include the below standard inclusions:
- 24/7 local assistance and travel guidance
- Medical kit
- Airport Meet-and-Greet welcome service with the local tour guide
- Assistance with project coordination for community project/services or mission/immersion trips
- Destination and trip Information Packs
- A unique "local-host" experience exclusively offered by Tweet World Travel
- Laos Visa
- Stay at excellent hand-selected high-quality 3 or 4- star accommodation in a central location or adjacent to monuments or strategically at the edge of a wilderness.
- We guarantee that students will be located together within the same area in hotels
- Entrance fees at monuments
- Comprehensive sightseeing as per itinerary:
- Luang Prabang city tour & Baci Ceremony
- Pak Ou Village & Pak Ou Caves tour with bike & boat
- Kuang Si Waterfall hike
- Alms giving ceremony
- Elephant Education tour
- Village tour & kayaking
- Vientiane City tour
- All local government fees & tax
- 3-day community project in Luang Prabang
- Private Coach transfer from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
- Arrival and departure airport transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles
- All touring in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Locally based professional drivers
TOUR GUIDE & TOUR LEADER
- English-speaking local tour guides who live and breathe the destination – they will bring your itinerary to life
- On top of local tour guides, we will provide an experienced Local Tour Director. He or she will oversee the entire journey, accompany your group every day and connect you to the people, places and encounters in a way you’ll never forget.
- Welcome & Farewell Dinner
- A Unique & Varied Dining Experience
- Full Breakfast Daily; Select Lunches and Dinners (B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=dinner)
The price depends on the below:
- Projects your group would like to participate
- Desired outcome/Learning objectives for students
- Accommodation level
- Travel date
- Group Size
- Duration of the tour
All of our tours require a reasonable level of fitness. Every traveller on our tours is required the ability to walk around sights on uneven surfaces in both urban and rural / mountainous areas unaided. You'll be getting on and off coaches and boats, walking around the sights and climbing some steps.
Please read our itinerary carefully for outline of fitness level to help you select the right holiday for you.
• All persons must be fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen activities/packages/tours /cruise etc. as outlined in the itinerary.
• All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the tour or cruise they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
Our group size ranges from only 2 to 16 people. This means less of your precious time is wasted waiting for others, allowing you to have more time to enjoy your holiday.
For group tours with 10 travellers or more, in addition to the tour guide, we will provide a dedicated tour director (free of charge) who will escort the tour from the beginning to the end.
Our itinerary features sumptuous Welcome and Farewell Dinners for a delightful, authentic culinary experience, whereas the special Chef’s Table experience will take you on an unparalleled culinary demonstration and beautiful menu to feast on.
Note: It is your responsibility to notify us of any dietary requests/requirements. We will do our best to meet your request/requirements, however, cannot guarantee that it can always be accommodated.
• Room Information: All rooms are air-conditioned, Fridge/ Mini Bar in room, Safe box in room
• Triple Share: Available upon request
• Bedding Configuration: Double or twin bedding (subject to availability).
• Adjoining / Interconnecting Rooms: Available upon request (subject to availability).
• Laundry service is available at hotels/resorts where you will stay during the tour and will incur additional charges if used
• Massage service is available at hotels where you will stay during the tour and will incur additional charges if used.
After purchase, you are required to make a deposit or full payment for your order. Please note most of our deposit is non-refundable. Please check your booking and your invoice for the Terms and Conditions which apply specifically to your booking.
If you would like to cancel your booking, please refer to our cancellation terms.
• Any special requests, preferences MUST be clearly stated in your Passenger Information Form
• Any change requested after submitting your Passenger Information Form cannot be guaranteed, is strictly subject to availability and will incur surcharges
Safety Net Protection enables passengers to amend their tour and/or river cruise 15 days prior to departure, to another tour/cruise to the same destination, departing in the same year (once only) without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties.
The new tour/cruise must be at the same cost or higher but cannot be at lower cost than the initial cruise/ tour booked. If the passenger chooses the higher cost option, then the additional difference amount must be paid. However, no modifications shall be accepted less than 15 days prior to departure.
• Safety Net Protection is payable immediately at the time of making the deposit payment. Once purchased, Safety Net Protection is not refundable
• Safety Net Protection does not apply for airfares or third-party fees and charges.
• Safety Net Protection allows for amendment ONLY, not cancellation.
• You will be responsible for all your personal belongings while on the tours. It is your responsibility to make sure your room is secure.
In general, tipping is widely accepted as a way to show your appreciation of good service but is not compulsory. Tipping is expected and often makes up a large part of people's wages.
• If you are happy with services provided by your tour guides and drivers, a tip is appreciated. Recommended tips - For the guides and drivers - $6US per day per passenger.
• If travel on a river cruises and happy with the services provided by your crews and service onboard. Recommended tips - For the crews and guides - $10US per day per passenger.
All of our tours will include internal flights within the tour, which allow 20kg of check-in luggage and 7kg of carry-on luggage per passenger. A surcharge may apply for oversized/overweight luggage subject to the airline's policy.
• You will be responsible for all your personal belongings while on the tours/cruises. It is your responsibility to make sure your room/cabin is secure.
• Tweet World Travel will not be liable for any loss or damage to your luggage or other personal belongings.
For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance for your travel arrangements (without limitation) that include coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, cruise, land content and airfare charges that may occur.
You need to provide us your Travel Insurance details upon booking, or at least before 30 days prior to your departure.
If you do not have travel insurance prior to your departure, we retain the rights to refuse boarding/joining our tours or cruises. We might refund / provide travel credits for you, less any unrecoverable fees including but not limited to admin fees, visas fees, other suppliers’ cancellation fees. We won’t be held liable for any costs associated with this matter.
Your Laos visa is included in our tour and we act on your behalf to apply for the visas, all necessary documents relating to your visa application will have to be provided to us at least 90 days before your departure. If you fail to provide the necessary documents before 90 days prior to your departure, we will not be held liable for your visa application.
The visa fee included in our tour is not refundable in any circumstances.
- All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and most countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine‐readable passport.
- If you provide all necessary documents relating to your visa application in less than 90 day before departure, an additional fee of $120 per person will incur.
- It is your sole responsibility for any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not satisfying the requirements of those authorities
- Travellers might need to present the visas at multiple checkpoints and may be refused to fly out of their countries, if the visa documents cannot be presented. If such an event occurs, we won’t be liable, and the travellers will be deemed as “no-show”. Please check our term and condition for a ‘’No-show” penalty.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions set out the terms on which you contract with Tweet World Travel Tour Operator & Wholesaler Pty. Ltd. (ACN 653 476 316) trading as Tweet World Travel on its website https://agentportal.tweetworldtravel.com/ (collectively referred to in this document as “Tweet World Travel”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
These Booking Conditions set out the terms on which you contract us for the arrangement and delivery of travel arrangements (“Arrangement”) including worldwide river cruises, Croisi Europe Cruises, private tours, group tours, independent tours, lifestyle holidays, travel packages, activities, flights, accommodations, trains, transfers, cruises, air balloons, ferries, boats (collectively referred to in this document as “Service”) for your trip and which we agree to make, provide, or preform as part of our contract with you. These terms and conditions apply to bookings you made with our consultants (over phone or by email) or made directly via our e-commerce websites (“Booking Portal”).
When we refer to ‘you’, we mean any person that accesses or uses the Booking Portal.
By using or accessing the Booking Portal, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, and you represent that you have read and understood them. The person making the Booking shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions on behalf of all the persons named in the booking. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. You must not make any bookings unless you understand and agree with the following terms and conditions.
By asking us to confirm your booking and paying deposit or full payment, you will be contracting directly with third-party supplier(s) (“Supplier”) who are the principal supplier(s) of the “Service”. Each supplier may have its own terms & cancellation and you agree to be bound by the applicable Supplier’s terms & conditions (“Supplier Terms”) when you make a Booking.
II. AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND TWEET WORLD TRAVEL
The Services of Tweet World Travel are offered to you on the condition of your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of the Tweet World Travel constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent that the Supplier Terms conflict with these Terms & Conditions in respect of your legal relationship with Tweet World Travel, these Terms & Conditions shall prevail.
Tweet World Travel reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the services of Tweet World Travel are offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of the Tweet World Travel service, without notice.
IV. BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
• You warrant that (i) you are 18 years of age or older, (ii) all information supplied by you during your course of using the Services is true, accurate, current, and complete
• By asking us to confirm your booking with an international travel booking, we will assume that all travellers on the booking have a valid passport. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the necessary documentation to comply with the laws and regulations of the countries to be visited.
• Passenger names must be provided exactly as per passport at the time of booking. Any spelling corrections made after a payment is paid must be sent in writing and will incur additional fees, including any ticket/voucher re‐issue fees and any Suppliers’ re-issue fees.
• By sending a payment or /paying for your booking, you acknowledge that the terms and conditions are fully understood, and agree to be bound by the terms, conditions and responsibilities set forth.
• Tweet World Travel reserves the right to correct any errors in rates quoted/invoice or calculated, or any omissions made at any time during your booking. Even once payment has been paid in full but an error in price has been found, Tweet World Travel reserves the right to correct any error.
• Tweet World Travel reserves the right to modify the price in case of exchange rate fluctuation while we provide a quote or make a booking for you. We continue to modify exchange rate even after your booking is made. The price is only guaranteed only when a booking is confirmed, and a full payment is already paid.
• Tweet World Travel reserves the right to substitute hotels, vessels and other forms of accommodation with properties or vessels of a comparable or higher standard.
• Tweet World Travel provides live availability of the Service, and the price is updated daily according to the exchange rate.
• Tweet World Travel is not a principal supplier of any Service, and when you make a booking via Booking Portal, your booking is a direct contract between you and the applicable Supplier.
o By asking us to confirm your booking and paying deposit or full payment, you agree to be bound by the applicable Supplier's terms and conditions and any other rules or policies related to the Service. Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent that the Supplier Terms conflict with these Terms & Conditions in respect of your legal relationship with Tweet World Travel, these Terms & Conditions shall prevail.
o Tweet World Travel will have no liability with respect to the acts, omissions, errors, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any Supplier or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from your interactions with any Supplier. Your interactions with Suppliers are at your own risk.
• If the airport transfers are included on the first and last day of some Tweet World Travel at designated times, no refund will be given for unused transfers. Transfers cannot be re-routed to other pick-up points or destinations.
• Passengers who miss the pre-booked transfers must make their own way to/from the hotel or cruise at their own expense. A group transfer is generally a shared transfer and the type of vehicle used will normally be dependent upon the size of the group.
• You can make a booking via our Booking Portal
• You acknowledge and agree that:
o All persons are fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen Service
o All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the Service they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
o It is your responsibility to notify us of any dietary requests/requirements. We will pass on this information to the Supplier(s) these requests/requirements, however, cannot guarantee that they can always be accommodated.
o All parties understand that any medical or dietary information provided to us does NOT, under any circumstances, make Tweet World Travel and its Suppliers liable if a particular condition exacerbates while using the Service, which might affect their ability to participate in any portion of the Service.
o The Service DOES NOT include Travel Insurance. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for your trip
• Deposit(s) per person is required within day(s) of us accepting your booking. A deposit will secure your booking/ticket, please note that we may not hold any services for you until we receive payment of your deposit.
• The final balance of the travel arrangements is due no later than day(s) prior to the confirmed tour commencement date.
• Some trips may require payment (including full payment) earlier or in additional instalments and this will be advised with the booking confirmation.
• We will not surcharge for currency fluctuations once full payment has been received by us.
• Air travel is arranged with independent airlines. All airfares are subject to flight and booking class availability. Airfares will be booked and ticketed upon receipt of your full payment. Once air tickets are issued, airline amendment and/or cancellation fees apply and, in some cases, are non-refundable. Name changes and voluntary date and schedule changes will incur fees.
• Special Deals and Special Offers other than those advertised herein may be promoted by Tweet World Travel after the program is released. These new special deals/offers do not apply to existing bookings unless otherwise stated.
• Price shown on the website is per-person twin share and is in the selected currency set by you while using the sites. Price is based on local rate at the time of booking, converted at the prevailing foreign exchange rate as determined by Tweet World Travel. Tweet World Travel shall not be liable to you if prices change due to currency fluctuations.
o For children aged 2 up to 10: 20% to 25% discount on the adult price
o 30% discount on the adult price will be given to the 3rd occupant from the same family in a triple-occupancy cabin
o Single Traveller must pay Single Supplements
• Price is subject to change without notice, until a booking has been confirmed and paid. Once the security deposit is paid, the price will be guaranteed.
• Price does not include foreign departures port charges, customs, immigration, agricultural, passengers-facility charges.
• Price does not include tips/gratuities; vaccinations; emergency evacuation costs; passport and visa fees; baggage insurance, personal insurance; travel insurance, any item of personal natures.
• We reserve the right to surcharge the cost of your booked travel arrangements prior to commencement for circumstances beyond our control such as minimum passengers requirements not met, or the imposition of new or amended Government charges.
• When you make a booking via the Booking Portal, Tweet World Travel collects your payment information and processes your payment. In doing so, Tweet World Travel acts as the limited payment collection agent of the Supplier, collecting your payment for the applicable Service(s) on behalf of such Supplier.
• You will be required to pay a deposit or full payment when booking. Your agent or our websites will advise you of how much that will be.
• Deposit payment for all booking:
o You will be required to pay deposit(s) after booking is confirmed.
o A deposit will secure your booking/cabin, however prices may change before you make the final payment.
• The final balance is due no later than day(s) prior to the confirmed tour and/or cruise commencement date.
• Any booking valued at or less than $1,000 must be paid in full amount after booking confirmation. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
• Some trips may require payment (including full payment) earlier or in additional instalments and this will be advised with the booking confirmation.
• We are under no obligation to remind you of a payment becoming due. If we fail to receive a payment from you by the due date for payment in clear funds, then this will be deemed a cancellation by you (see below).
• The value of your booking may be subject to taxes, duties, foreign transaction, currency exchange or other fees. Your bank or payment card company may convert the payment into the local currency and may charge fees. Tweet World Travel recommends that you contact your bank or card company if you have any questions concerning any applicable currency conversion.
• You can make a payment in person in-store, via Bank Transfer, Credit Card, PayPal or Payment Gateway. If you make payment by credit card, the following Card Fees apply:
o Visa Credit Card - 1.8% fee and MasterCard Credit Card ‐ 1.76% fee applies.
o American Express (Amex) ‐ 2.8% fee applies.
o PayPal – 2.6%
***For late payment or urgent bookings, please notify us via email at email@example.com
5. CANCELLATION & CHANGE FEES
5.1 CHANGE FEES
If you change any aspect of your booking, we will do our best to accommodate your request, but it may not always be possible. Request for change and amendments to your Booking, including name change or date change requests etc., should be made as below:
o These requests can be made in person in-store or via your online account, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We do not accept any request made verbally or via phone.
o Changes to Domestic/Trans-Tasman bookings will incur a fee of $69 per person in addition to travel service provider fees.
o Changes to International bookings will incur a fee of $99 per booking in addition to travel service provider fees.
Subject to the availability and agreement with the Supplier, Tweet World Travel does not guarantee the success of any Change Request. A Supplier may charge a fee to accommodate a Change Request, and you will be required to pay such fee. To the extent the Supplier is unwilling or unable to accept such Change Request, then your right to a refund (if any) shall be governed by the cancellation terms of your Booking.
5.2 CANCELLATION FEES
In all circumstances, you must check the cancellation policy contained in the invoice or your confirmation document at the time of your Booking, which is the policy that will apply to and govern the terms of your cancellation and any refunds.
Additional charges per booking cancellation
o Administration fees: $50 per person
o Additional $150 per person charges for themed-weekend and Christmas-market cruises are required.
• If you make a Booking using a promotion code, or if you accept a discount or special-offer price during the check-out process, you may invalidate your discount or special-offer price by making a Change Request after Booking. All refunds are determined by the cancellation policy of the specific activity and do not include the sum of the Discount/Promotion.
• No refunds are available for no-show, or once any part of your booking has started to be utilised by you
• Occasionally a Supplier may make a change or cancel to a Service, including but not limited to the date, price, inclusions, coverage, age requirements and/or any other Service features and/or requirement. If the change proposed by the Supplier is material (for example, a change in dates and/or a significant change to the itinerary), and you are dissatisfied with the alternative that is offered, you will be entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price.
5.2.2 CANCELLATION BY TWEET WORLD TRAVEL
• For group set departure, if the minimum number of the group is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel or vary your trip 110 days prior to departure. If this event occurs, an alternative guaranteed travel date will be offered. Should these options not be acceptable by you, Tweet World Travel will offer travel credits to be used up to 24 months less visa cost, fuel surcharge and any other cancellation fees.
• If a booking is cancelled or varied prior to departure due to unforeseeable circumstances such as, but not restricted to, severe weather conditions or force majeure, Tweet World Travel will either change your travel arrangements as reasonably practicable to ensure your safety and invoice you for any additional costs. Tweet World Travel will offer credits to any unused part of your holiday package for future travel up to 24 months.
• During your trip, in the event of strike, bad weather, or force majeure conditions endangering the operation of the vessel safely or extraordinary circumstances, Tweet World Travel may at all times and without notice, advance or delay a departure or a stopover or, if need be, change ports of call, and may not be held responsible in the event of cancellation, earlier or later departure or arrival, modification or substitution. Tweet World Travel will offer credits to any unused part of your holiday package for future travel up to 24 months. Tweet World Travel will not be liable to any additional associated costs incurred to the travellers whatsoever.
• Force majeure events are beyond our control, including but not limited to war, civil disobedience, terrorism, insurrection, accident, explosion, sickness, epidemic, pandemic, fire, floods, severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government, alteration or cancellation of scheduled air services, accidents to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
5.2.3 CANCELLATION BY THIRD-PARTY SUPPLIER
Tweet World Travel is not the principal supplier of the Service. One or multiple Third-party supplier(s) (“Supplier”) are the principal supplier(s) of the “Service” provided to you.
If the Supplier change its schedules, or cancels their service for reasons beyond our control, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you.
If any such changes result in your Service costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Service. This may result in a monetary refund to you or travel credits to use in the future. The refund/credits may subject to cancellation and admin fees charged by us. Please check with your travel agents/ our consultant before cancelling or amending a Service in these circumstances.
• Tweet World Travel has no control over, or liability for, the Services provided by third-party Supplier(s). We disclaim and will be exempt from liability for anything to do with the supply of third parties' Services.
• By making a booking, you agree to accept all risks associated with the Supplier. You agree to unconditionally release Tweet World Travel from all liability, including without limitation in contract and in tort, for any cause or action, including any injury, damage, loss, cost, delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly as a result of the inherent risks associated with the service made by the Suppliers, or any force majeure events or other events which are beyond our control, including but not limited to war, civil disobedience, terrorism, insurrection, accident, explosion, sickness, epidemic, pandemic, fire, floods, severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government, alteration or cancellation of scheduled air services, accidents to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
• Tweet World Travel will not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, cost, delay, additional expense or inconvenience associated with unforeseeable circumstances such as force majeure, adverse weather, flight rescheduling and faults with transportation or road conditions may also have an effect on the operation of the Service. We strongly urge you to undertake a high level of personal responsibility in order to ensure that possessions, equipment and personal documents are closely monitored and protected at all times. We also strongly advise you to purchase appropriate travel insurance to protect you from financial loss and personal injuries in the event of an emergency.
• You acknowledge and agree that there are inherent risks involved in participating in the Service, including without limitation of possible contact with native flora/fauna, local residents, unforeseen events (force majeure) and travel in remote locations. You agree to release Tweet World Travel from any liability associated with these risks.
• If the Service is affected in any way by a force majeure event, we or the Supplier(s) may in our discretion vary or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the Service as we consider necessary. You agree to release Tweet World Travel and its Supplier(s) from any liability associated with any variation or cancellation.
• The Supplier(s) are not our consultants or employees and are not under our direct control. We therefore do not warrant the performance of any Supplier. We do not accept, and you release us from, all liability for any injury, loss, damage, costs or expenses, including without limitation any property damage or personal injury, that you may suffer which arises out of any act or omission of a Supplier who provides arrangements for the Service(s) that you book. Any claim that you may have in relation to a Supplier should be raised directly with that Supplier.
• You are responsible for any injury, loss, damage, costs or expenses arising through your own fault. You agree to indemnify us against all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, expenses and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis and whether incurred by or awarded against us) as a result of, or arising in relation to, whether directly or indirectly, your participation in the Service or any act or omission by you in relation to the Service.
• To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept any liability in contract, or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of the Supplier(s) over which we have no direct control. We do not accept any liability for any loss (including consequential loss or any associated costs) caused in case the Supplier becomes insolvent and goes out of business. Any payment already made to the Supplier in such case might be unrecoverable, and no refund will be made.
• Under circumstances where our liability cannot be excluded and where liability may be lawfully limited, such liability is limited to the remedies required of us under applicable law (including the Australian Consumer Law). This liability clause is subject to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
VIII. AGENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• It is your responsibility to advise us, your travel agent or the Supplier of your departure and arrival time, or any changes or delays you might encounter. If you do not notify us, your travel agent or the Supplier in a timely manner and you arrive on a delayed flight and miss your allocated pick up (if the Service provide Airport Transfer), you will need to make alternative arrangements at your own expense.
• If your Service include Airport Transfer, your arranged Airport Transfer service will pick you up as scheduled and may attempt to wait for your scheduled arrival up to 30 minutes. If your delay is longer than this waiting period, you will have to make alternative arrangements at your own expense.
• If your Service provides a pick-up venue and pick-up time, it is your responsibility to be present at the advised venue and time. The Supplier will not wait for you, and if you are late, you will miss out the pick-up time. Passengers who miss the pre-booked transfers must make their own way to/from the hotel at their own expense. A group transfer is generally a shared transfer and the type of vehicle used will normally be dependent upon the size of the group
• The Supplier will not accept any participation once the Service has already commenced. No refund will be provided in these circumstances.
• Make sure you collect your travel voucher and any other necessary documentations 7 day prior to departure. You are responsible to check if all details and documents are correct for your booking.
• It is your responsibility to notify us of any dietary requests/requirements. We will pass on this information to the Supplier(s) these requests/requirements, however, cannot guarantee that they can always be accommodated.
• All parties understand that any medical or dietary information provided to us does NOT, under any circumstances, make Tweet World Travel and its Suppliers liable if a particular condition exacerbates while using the Service, which might affect their ability to participate in any portion of the Service.
• It is your responsibility to ensure that all invoice, itinerary details and documentation issued by Tweet World Travel, your travel agent or the Supplier(s) are received and correct, and that the customer is aware of amendment and cancellation conditions and other clauses in these Booking Terms & Conditions. You acknowledge that you fully understand and agree to Tweet World Travel ‘s Terms & Conditions at the time of booking.
• After a booking is made, if the Supplier(s) require information of your legal documents, you will need to provide us or the Supplier this information via your online account, Passenger Online Booking Form or via email to us or your travel agents. If these required documents are not received within 3 working days, the respective booking will be void.
• Travel voucher may be issued instantly depending on the Service you book, or will be issued and sent to you or your travel agents from 7 -15 days prior to departure. Make sure all travellers have obtained their travel voucher before travelling. The Supplier may require you to present the travel voucher to participate in the Service.
• If the traveller(s) travels without our provided travel voucher, they might be denied embarking/joining the Service. It is your responsibility to contact to obtain all necessary travel documents.
• Please make sure you read and understand the travel vouchers, and that the travel voucher matches your booking. If there are any un-booked services / mistakes, you have to contact us or your travel agent immediately to rectify. Once the traveller has already embarked or joined the Service at the destination, we are not liable for any un-booked services / mistakes.
• It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that the travellers have the valid passport and visas and/or correct visa type to enter the destination country they are travelling to. Travellers might need to present the visas at multiple checkpoints and may be refused to fly out of their countries, if the visa documents cannot be presented. If such event occurs, we won’t be liable and the travellers will be deemed as “no-show”. The respective service booking will be cancelled with the applicable cancellation charge.
• Visa and other entry and exit conditions (such as currency, customs and quarantine regulations) change regularly. Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate for up-to-date information.
VII. PASSPORTS & VISAS
• All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and most countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine-readable passport. When making a booking, all travellers on the booking must have a valid passport. It is important that you ensure that you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities. It is your sole responsibility if any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not satisfying the requirements of those authorities.
• It is your responsibility to make sure that the travellers have the valid visas and/or correct visa type to enter the destination country they are travelling to. Travellers might need to present the visas at multiple checkpoints and may be refused to fly out of their countries, if the visa documents cannot be presented. If such event occurs, we won’t be liable and the travellers will be deemed as “no-show”.
• Visa and other entry and exit conditions (such as currency, customs and quarantine regulations) change regularly. Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate for up-to-date information.
• Please ensure that you are aware of any health requirements and recommended precautions relevant to your travel, and ensure that you carry all necessary vaccination documentation. In some cases, failure to present required vaccination documentation may deny your entry into a country.
• We recommend that you consult with your local doctor or health specialist before commencing your travel. General health advice for the destination you wish to visit is also available from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
• We recommend that you contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (“DFAT”) or visit their website at https://www.smartraveller.gov.au for general travel advice, as well as specific advice (including safety alert levels) relating to the destination you wish to visit. You can also register your travel plans with DFAT, so that you may be more easily contacted in an emergency.
• We strongly recommend that you familiarise yourself with the current status and updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 outbreak, available at https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au.
• You also acknowledge and agree that:
o All persons are fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen Service etc. as outlined in the itinerary.
o All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the Service they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
o All parties understand that any medical or dietary information provided to us DOES NOT, under any circumstances, make Tweet Tour Operator liable if a particular condition exacerbates while on the trip which might affect their ability to participate in any portion of the trip
IX. TRAVEL INSURANCE
• The Service you book DOES NOT include Travel Insurance
• For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance for your travel arrangements (without limitation) that include coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, cruise, land content and airfare charges that may occur.
• When you book with Tweet World Travel, you agree that we or our Supplier(s) may use images of you taken during the trip and any comments made in writing or in video by you regarding the trip, without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium we or our Supplier so choose.
• If you do not want your images to be displayed or taken during the trip, you have to advise us and Supplier in writing at the time of booking, or when you collect your travel documents.
• If you didn’t advise us during your booking or during your trip, we or our Supplier may use your image for promotion purposes. You reserve the right to request us to remove your images from online publications, however we cannot remove your images from any printed promotion materials. You cannot take legal action against these printed materials as we did not have your advice at the time of print.
• Tweet World Travel collects information about you (including health information where necessary) to process your travel arrangements, facilitate your participation in loyalty programs and conduct marketing activities and market research. If the information is not provided, we may not be able to make travel arrangements for you.
• We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, carriers, travel service providers, organisations which provide services to you.
XII. GOVERNING LAWS
• If any dispute arises between you and Tweet World Travel, the laws of Australia will apply.